Join our team!
Staff Engineer / Construction Associate
- Full Time
- One Location
- A bachelor or master degree in Civil Engineering
from an ABET Accredited University
- 4+ years of experience in general civil infrastructure projects. Experience with AutoCAD design software and understanding of basic Civil3D. Preferred experience in proposal writing, construction principles, and applicable laws and regulations
- A valid driver’s license, automobile, and current automobile insurance is required given the nature and travel duties related to the position.
Pay & Benefits:
- Health Plan
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
This position requires a motivated candidate that is team-oriented, organized, able to communicate effectively to all levels of individuals within an organization and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. The Construction Associate
is responsible for supporting multiple project(s) within the Greater Pittsburgh, PA area from the pre-construction budgeting/ schedule stage through procurement, shop drawing/coordination development, construction, and space turnover and contract closeout. The Construction Associate works with the project team to prepare status reporting of present work both internally and externally.
The Staff Engineer / Construction Associate is responsible for the analysis, design, and planning of municipal infrastructure such as collection systems, distribution systems and treatment facilities in the built environment. Responsibilities for this position include preparing construction documents, engineering reports, scientific documents and performing basic data analysis regarding water resources engineering projects independently. Responsibilities for this position also include managing project cost, schedule controls, quality control, and to facilitate communication
between owners, architects, engineers, and contractors. The Staff Engineer / Construction Associate is
focused on jointly performing as a project manager, leading projects and managing clients with management supervision as well as supporting project managers and advising technical staff while working on a diverse range of projects and tasks.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
Effective communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in collecting and compiling research materials.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Creativity, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to network on a variety of levels.
- Analyze situations accurately and recommend an effective course of action.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Meet tight schedules and timelines.
- The physical ability to cope with long hours and a stressful work environment.
- Frequent and/or extended travel to company job/work sites.
- Independently plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate subcontract work.
- Plan and implement a site safety program.
- Monitor construction quality control
- Manage day-to-day activities of the construction site
- Oversee subcontractor work plans and maintain the site construction schedule
- Oversee extra work claims from subcontractors and maintain a construction cost estimate.
- Oversee subcontractor delivery of subcontract scope of work.
- Perform document inspections and audits; identify non-compliance and version control issues.
- Manage processing of subcontract change control documents such as Requests for Information, Field Change Requests, and Back-charge Notifications.
- Execute procurements and contract administration of construction site services and utilities.
- Maintain subcontract correspondence and records on sites/offices for which responsibility has been given and perform analysis on project controls metrics.
- Monitor construction activities for compliance with contract terms and work with subcontractor personnel to promote safe and effective site operations
- Develop with the project superintendent, a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner. The plan should look to mitigate the impact of the project on the surrounding neighborhood and traffic around the site.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of Superintendents and assistant Superintendents on multiple project
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff
- Review and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports
- Ensure that the owner is apprised of all deviations from the project baseline data (i.e., original schedule, budget, etc.)