Join our team!
Internship; Summer 2022 – Civil/Industrial Engineer
- Duration April 2022 – August 2022
- Stipend: A stipend is available
- Local candidates preferred.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering program.
- Prior internship and/or related experience preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual, ready to take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment
E. Holdings (EHI) is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Civil Engineering Intern for employment in our Pittsburgh office. EHI creates comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
An intern will work on projects focused on waste water systems. Interns will be assigned challenging projects and tasks under the supervision of engineers or senior engineering managers. Technicians will be included in organization events such as staff meetings and be allowed opportunities for networking and informational briefings with key personnel. This position would be for summer of 2022, with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent position after that.
Learning objectives will be established at the start of the internship with his/her supervisor to provide clear direction and targeted goals for the interns. Exit interviews will be conducted to evaluate progress toward learning objectives and performance.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with people by talking face-to-face and by email
- Have organizational skills
- Ability to write daily reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to work in the field
- Have a valid driver’s license and transportation
- An intern must be able to work in a team-oriented, organized manner and is able to communicate effectively to all levels of individuals within an organization and be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.