Join our team!
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
- Full Time
- One Location
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with GIS, or closely related field. Experience with ESRI technologies (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcObjects), Python, Visual Basic, personal geodatabases, SDE databases, SharePoint, Intergraph, Microstation or AutoCAD is preferred.
Pay & Benefits:
- Health Plan Options
E. Holdings is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst . Responsibilities include creating, developing, and maintaining GIS databases, shape/coverage/layer data, and linkages to various databases. Duties also include entering data into the GIS, providing GIS support to various clients, creating reports, creating executable code functions, and producing maps. The GIS Analyst performs programming and analytical project responsibilities which include: planning, developing, coding, analyzing, and performing quality control functions to geographic related systems. The GIS Analyst will also support business development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of proficiency working with geospatial tools in support of engineering analyses through spatial data creation, data analysis, mapping and cartographic product development, internet GIS applications, coding, tool development, and reporting. The core function of the GIS Analyst position will be to produce a variety of spatial data and products for federal, state, and local clients.
- Creating, developing and maintaining GIS databases
- GIS product development and data management
- Cartography and creation of mapping products
- Technical support to engineering, communications, and business management teams
- Report generation for client deliverables
- Creation of analytical tools (coding) in GIS environment for various applications
- Support of Business Development
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- ArcGIS Desktop and extensions
- Geoprocessing Tools
- GIS data management
- Digitizing and data manipulation procedures for GIS
- Geodatabase design
- Computer system designs
- Project management tools
- Network concepts
- Testing procedures
- Database synchronization
- Backup and recovery procedures
- System and data security
- Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
- Proficiency in the processing and analysis of raster and vector geospatial data
- Coding for spatial analyses (such as Python or VB)
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartographic design and production concepts and principles
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in both verbal and written form