Join our team!
- Full Time
- One Location
- Associates Degree or vocational training in area of construction specialty or Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited technical program
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a Construction Manager
- A valid driver’s license, automobile, and current automobile insurance is required given the nature and travel duties related to the position.
Pay & Benefits:
- Health Plan
This position requires a motivated candidate that is team-oriented, organized, able to communicate effectively to all levels of individuals within an organization and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. The Construction Manager is responsible for administering multiple project(s) within the Greater Pittsburgh, PA area from the pre-construction budgeting/ schedule stage through procurement, shop drawing/coordination development, construction, and space turnover and contract closeout. The Construction Manager works as the project site manager and is required to report status of present work both internally to Project Management and externally to Client contacts. Specialty skills in MEP systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) and their importance to the project, especially for data centers, network facilities and other commercial projects for a large, major client’s Master Service Agreement.
- Frequent and/or extended travel to company job/work sites.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to project on-site groups.
- Independently plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate subcontract work.
- Plan and implement a site safety program.
- Administer execution of subcontracts.
- Monitor construction quality control
- Manage day-to-day activities of the construction site
- Oversee subcontractor work plans and maintain the site construction schedule
- Oversee extra work claims from subcontractors and maintain a construction cost estimate.
- Oversee subcontractor delivery of subcontract scope of work.
- Perform document inspections and audits; identify non-compliance and version control issues.
- Manage processing of subcontract change control documents such as Requests for Information, Field Change Requests, and Back-charge Notifications.
- Execute procurements and contract administration of construction site services and utilities.
- Maintain subcontract correspondence and records on sites/offices for which responsibility has been given and perform analysis on project controls metrics.
- Monitor construction activities for compliance with contract terms and work with subcontractor personnel to promote safe and effective site operations
- Develop with the project superintendent, a logistics plan that allows the contractors to complete their work in a coordinated, efficient manner. The plan should look to mitigate the impact of the project on the surrounding neighborhood and traffic around the site.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of Superintendents and assistant Superintendents on multiple project
- Establish priorities for the project staff based on owner and project requirements
- Review and approve all major purchase orders, change orders and contractor/vendor requisitions as prepared by the project staff
- Review and approves all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates, financial reports
- Ensure that the owner is apprised of all deviations from the project baseline data (i.e., original schedule, budget, etc.)
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs is required
- BIM/ AutoCAD experience desired
- Certifications: CCM/ CMIT, PMP etc.
- Basic project management skills including work scope, task scheduling and budget control is a requirement